Thursday, November 13, 2008

remedy in the old city

I was pretty excited a few months back when I heard rumors brewing about a new coffee shop in the Old City. I'm a fan of Old City Java but I'm also a big fan of variety (it's the spice of life, you know), and I'm always looking for new and cool places to visit in my neighborhood. I dont think it's open yet, but I know it will be coming very soon. What I know about Remedy is that it will be a space operated by people who care about their community, who care about relationships and friendships, and who care about doing good for the world around them. The shop's motto is Coffee and Conversation, and from the look of it, that's exactly what Remedy is going to provide.

I had the good fortune of getting a sneak peak of the space a little while ago, and it looks wonderful: cozy and clean. There's a quaint little loft in the space, which can be reserved for meetings or book clubs or things of the like. They're going to serve locally roasted free trade coffee, stay open late and offer free WiFi. I think, too, they've got plans for a simple but cool book swap.

I know a lot of hard work has gone into this place, so I hope to see it thrive. I am excited to welcome Remedy to my neighborhood.

Addition: Remedy is on Jackson, either in or adjacent to the Jacksonian building. 125 West Jackson 37919. It's not open yet.

8 comments:

Brandon Moore said...

it's great to hear about this new coffee shop. I'll definitely be checking this out in the coming days!

The Modern Gal said...

Hey Em, where exactly is it? I've heard about it, but haven't noticed any new coffee places the last few times I've been in the Old City.

Anonymous said...

I just added the address. Sorry.

B said...

i hope this isn't bad news for java. i hear that remedy is owned by a church. has anyone else heard that? it does look really clean and sleek from what i've seen.

The Pol said...

"rumor brewing"

really em's. That obvious pun is better suited for a cliche happy history dork like me.

lovies

Anonymous said...

yes it's owned and operated by a church. i don't think there's any risk of indoctrination though. i think these are just nice people who want to do something good for the community.

Mickey said...

I do like coffee. Conversation, that depends.

Sean Alsobrooks said...

www.remedycoffee.com